French-language Health Service Providers
Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Region
The Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant LHIN funds 199 health service providers (HSPs) responsible for delivering more than 250 programs and services. They include:
- community support services;
- mental health and addiction services;
- community health centres;
- community care access centres;
- long-term care facilities;
It should be noted that private and not-for-profit providers along with programs not funded by the LHIN, also deliver services within the health care system.
To date, two HSPs have been designated under the French Language Services Act, 1986 . And since 1990, some 30 HSPs have been identified to submit a French language services (FLS) implementation plan. Entité2 supports identified providers in their efforts to improve access to French language services access.
Designated French-language Service Providers
Find out more about health care options in your area: SouthEasthealthline.ca
Waterloo Wellington Region
Waterloo Wellington is not a designated area under the French Language Services Act. A group of committed Francophones applied to the government for designation but the request was refused. A second application has been submitted by the Francophone community, which is hopeful of achieving a favourable outcome.
Health Service Providers in Waterloo Wellington
Find out more about health care options in your area: wwhealthline.ca
- Telehealth Ontario : Get fast, free medical advice through Telehealth Ontario at: 1-866-797-0000, TTY: 1-866-797-0007
- French Language Health Services Office
- Women's Health Matters
- Le Phénix (community development for persons with disabilities)
- Valor Institute
- Best Start
- Health Nexus
- Health Quality Ontario