Entité2 engages the French-speaking population of our communities on French language services and raises the awareness of the LHINs. We provide advice and make recommendations on all matters relating to the health of the French-speaking population of the areas we serve.
“Francophone communities now have a way to ensure their needs are considered in the overall planning and delivery of health services […] ensure the continued improvement of French language services in those communities.”Gérald Lachapelle, President
French Language Health Planning Entity for the regions
of Waterloo, Wellington, Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand, Brant
To understand the context, the issues and the role of Entity2 (Available in French only) :
- Organigramme de gouvernance et de collaboration (pdf : 168.02 KB)
The French-speaking population of the Waterloo, Wellington, Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand and Brant areas has access to a wider range of quality health services in French.
We provide advice to the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant and Waterloo Wellington LHINs to enable them to better respond to the health needs of the French-speaking population.
- Developing, together with the LHINs, methods of engaging and encouraging the participation of the local French-speaking community;
- Improving knowledge of the health needs and priorities of the French-speaking community.
In order to improve and increase:
- Planning and integration of French language health services in the area;
- Access to French language health services in the area;
- The delivery of quality health services in French through the identification and designation of health service providers;
- The accountability of the local health system for the delivery of quality French language health services.